Friday, July 31, 2015

School Year's Resolutions

It's been ages since I've posted anything substantial up here on the blog.  Maybe you missed it, maybe you didn't.  Either way, I'm cool with that.  The truth is: this just isn't my priority.  As life developed and our family went from 2 to 3 to 4 members (5 if you're including the doggie) time just slipped away.  Some things that were important to me in the past got cut out or replaced.  (I think we all know what that's like.)

When I first started this blog, I had a 9 month old.  In 2 weeks she will become my 1st Kindergartner.  Wow.  I have a Kindergartner.  Attending my school.  (Let's be real.  I'm both excited and nervous about that one.)  It's a big year!

This morning when I was returning from the doctor thinking about how right he is that I need to get more sleep, I started thinking about a bunch of things I need to work on. That's when I decided that I need to make some School Year's Resolutions.  Many of you aren't heading back to the classroom for a few weeks, but as for me and my school . . . we go back for pre-planning on MONDAY!

So, here goes . . .



My 2015-2016 School Year's Resolutions

1.  I resolve to get more sleep (as suggested by my doctor).
Yeah, I  know.  There aren't enough hours in the day.  There's too much to do.  How am I going to get everything done?!?!  Sounds like it's time to prune some more things off of my must do list . . . which means more prioritizing.

2.  I resolve to be more efficient and use my time wisely.
That's a hard one.  (It also sounds like a report card comment.)  School isn't just the place I work; I've got dear friends there, so I admit that I've spent a little extra time at school just socializing.  I won't be cutting my friends out, but I'm going to have to make sure that I do as much as I can in the time that I have (and of course, more pruning).  I have to figure out how to become more efficient so that my daughter won't be spending long after school hours at her school where she's been engaged in the fun of learning all day.

3.  I resolve to exercise more.  
Sporadic just isn't going to cut it.  I've got to get into better shape.  Not just for my waistline but for the sake of my family.

4.  I resolve to maintain a healthy diet.
No, not a diet.  Just a better overall diet to improve my health and energy for all the prioritizing and juggling and balancing that comes with life as all these growth changes take place.  (I mean, really.  Do my babies really have to grow up?) Change is serious business, and I'm working on getting better with changes.

My list could go on and on, but I'm just going to start with these.  They're big.  It probably won't be easy and I'm probably going to fall short quite a bit, but I'm going to try not to beat myself up over it.  (Maybe that should be a resolution too.  Take it easier on myself?)

So there you have it:  My School Year's Resolutions.  Maybe you'll find some activity on the blog or maybe you won't.  I'll be working hard trying to stick to my resolutions, so we'll see what happens!

What about you?  Do YOU have any School Year's Resolutions?


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...