Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Year of Common Core Aligned Math Tests!

Oh my goodness this took forever, but I am SO happy to say that I have finally finished my packet of 1st Grade Math Common Core Aligned Assessments!  I am pooped!  I've worked my tail off this week between finally completing this beast and planning/preparing for my daughter's 2nd birthday!

I know there are other packets of Common Core aassessments out there that were completed before I could finish mine, but you know how it is when you have a vision for something.  You just have to see it through!  The way I designed this packet was to create a Unit Test for each of the 4 broader standards set out by the CCSS:  1)Operations & Algebraic Thinking, 2)Number & Operations in Base Ten, 3)Measurement & Data, and 4)Geometry.  Then I created Unit Subtests for each of the standards listed under these headings.  I then created a Problem Solving assessment for each of the Unit Tests and Subtests to help extend student learning and assessment.  These are written in the style that some of you may know from "Exemplars".  They should be solved using problem solving strategies such as drawing a picture, number sentences, graphs, charts, tables, and then completed with a written explanation of the student's thinking. 

Well I'm not sure if I'm feeling generous or if I'm just delirious from all this cooking and baking, but how about a sample of the assessment packet for free?  Get the Unit 1 test by clicking on the image below!

or get it here from Teachers Notebook

Want to go ahead and buy the packet?  Click the image below to get it from my TPT store!
or get it here from Teachers Notebook

Hey!  If you're still reading this you may be in luck!  In celebration of my baby's 2nd birthday the 1st 2 people to comment on this post will get the ENTIRE PACKET for FREE!  Please leave me your email address, so I can email it to you!

And just for fun . . . these lollicakes are just one of the many, many things I did today that's contributing to my present delirium!  Aren't they cute?!?



Enjoy!

Happy Birthday to my baby girl, Analise!  Mommy loves you!  
(And now so do 2 lucky people!  J/k!)

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday girl!! :)

    Emily
    eah719@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Sindlou94@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday sweetie....you sure brighten your mamas world. And one day you will know how much work your

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lollycakes are super cute! Plus, I love your assessments!

    rebeccanemecek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, y'all! Comments are always still welcomed, but the free packets have all been given away now. Thanks so much for stopping by! Now . . . back to party prep! T-minus 4 hours . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...