Monday, April 30, 2012

Mrs. Wilcox Is Missing! (again!)

Do you remember last year when I posted my "My Teacher Is Missing" writing assignment to leave with your substitute?  You know . . . the one where you know you're going to be absent, but the you don't tell the kids.  Your substitute tells them they don't know why you're absent that day, but you leave the writing assignment where they make a missing poster and write what they think happened to you?  Yeah, the one you can pair up with "Miss Nelson Is Missing" by Harry Allard and James Marshall.  Well it was finally time to bring it back for my class this year! 

I was a little nervous as to what the results might be after last year's stories, but I must have made a better impression this year.  (Haha!)  Last year I had several reports of my being in jail and violent endings with wild animals.  This year, most of my students said I was probably at home with my sick baby, taking the baby to the doctor, or in a meeting (since I've had SO many this year with all my students going through RTI)!  A few said what I really wished was the reason I was absent - vacation!  I did have one student say I was arrested and in jail.  One had me kidnapped by aliens who turned me into a monkey.    Great stories and cute, cute posters (which I forgot to bring home to scan).  If you want your free copy the assignment, click the sample to get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...