Sunday, November 6, 2011

Inventors Use Imagination!

We've been studying Benjamin Franklin for Social Studies lately, and something that I've noticed is the amazement my children have when they see pictures of his inventions.  As I describe the inventions and explain what each invention does, you can actually see some jaws drop and a little light shines in their eyes.  Adorable!

This week we are combining the use of imagination we have been talking about in Writing (regarding fictional writing) and the background knowledge we have from studying Benjamin Franklin's inventions.  For journal my kids will be thinking of their own inventions, naming them, and explaining the purpose of the invention and how it works.  Last week I hinted that we would be doing this, and they were so excited!  I can't wait to see what they come up with! 

Here it is if you'd like to try this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...